Sunday, May 21, 2006

Beckham bash bidder's 'auction fraude'

Quoted from: http://contactmusic.com

'The bidder who won tickets to DAVID and VICTORIA BECKHAM's glitzy World Cup party tonight (21MAY06) fears he will be barred from the bash because of "adverse publicity". DAVE WEST, who made his fortune from his beer warehouse in Calais, France, and a strip club in London's Mayfair, spent $185,500 (GBP103,100) on the invites which were auctioned on eBay in aid of UK charity the National Society For The Protection Of Cruelty To Children (NSPCC). The British businessman can't wait to rub shoulders with ROBBIE WILLIAMS and JAMES BROWN at the party, with a "27-year-old dancing lovely" from his own steamy nightspot Hey Jo at his side. But he insists the Beckhams are making it difficult for him to attend. He says, "I still think I'll be going but the auction has been a f**king farce from start to finish. "Earlier on the bidding I was stopped from being involved because someone was making false bids - not me though. "Then I was allowed back in and I rightfully won late on Friday night. "But soon after there seemed to be a problem with the money - but who can get over GBP100,000 out of their bank account just like that after the banks are shut? "They asked for my credit card details but something very mysterious is going on. I get the feeling they are trying to avoid adverse publicity but I've done nothing wrong." A spokesman for the Beckhams says he will be subject to "background checks".

21/05/2006 14:17 '

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home